Saturday, September 5, 2009

Animals alive and others, not so much




We had lots of fun with my brother and sister-in-law visiting. Some fishing, some shopping, and yummy food out. It's so fun to share this fabulous area! Deer, coyotes, and, of course, cows made an appearance. What would we do without all this wildlife? We visited both Crested Butte and Gunnison ending with the crazy antler & stuffed animal store. It claims to be one of the biggest in the U.S. Don't know about that, but there's enough wild & strange in there to give you nightmares... My brother & sister-in-law thought it was a hoot.


We are still filling the hummingbird feeders, but there are only a few coming around. I think the feeders are coming down after this weekend. I've spent all summer trying to hold back time - not working!


The aspen have started to turn, so anticipate lots of yellow coming up. I'll post pictures of course. Waiting for elk to reappear too, but I can definitely live without the giant pile of flies & bees that are swarming everywhere for the last week. I guess it's their last gasp. I must kill or pickup a dozen inside everyday. Yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment