Friday, August 14, 2009

Special things


Isn't this fawn cute! We are still seeing babies around even though nights are getting shorter, fields are slowly changing to gold (not the aspen yet however - I can't wait for that!), and temps are dropping slowly but surely. I have a problem wanting to "help" animals in nature; I need to let everything take its course.
We heard there was a spectacular meteor shower coming. So Lisa, my sister-in-law and best friend, (she's visiting from Texas) and I took blankets, wine, and expectant eyes out to our deck at dark. It's the perfect place to watch - no lights anywhere within sight. Any given night the sky looks like a black cloth with millions of pinpricks shining through. We saw a lot and oohed and ahhed as the meteors streaked across the sky. Stayed up until eleven (which is really late for me!) and heard the coyote chorus too. Unfortunately I don't have a picture to share - really hard to take night sky stuff.


2 comments:

  1. Aww..it's adorable! The wildflowers look crazy! So many blue bonnets. More pictures please! :)

    ReplyDelete