Thursday, August 6, 2009

High Altitude


We are at 8800 feet above sea level which causes all kinds of unexpected events. I'm thinking about this because we have lots of guests coming through Sept. and some have never been close to this high. It can cause high altitude sickness, which ranges from headaches to flu -like symptoms. I have been very, very lucky and never experienced any, but as a precaution I have ordered some natural compound tablets that claim to perform miracles for this very thing. Guests will be the guinea pigs I guess.


All of our appliances are currently working correctly, but they weren't, and I didn't know why until the handy appliance repair man came. We blew out the thermostat on one of our ovens because we turned on the self-cleaning function. The high altitude causes high heat to destroy things. We have to keep the frig at the warmest setting, the dishwasher on low heat, and the microwave on small amounts of time. Who knew?


We are so high that mountain thunderstorms feel as if they are right here in our living room. We just had a spectacular one with lightening galore. The sunset after was unbelievable!

1 comment:

  1. You are also so high that the stars are the clearest and most beautiful I've ever seen. I was missing them tonight. All I see is the moon here today!

    ReplyDelete