Sunday, August 16, 2009

Flies and Fun







Let's just get this out of the way now. No blog post from me yesterday since I was injured. Did that catch your attention? We went out for a picnic/fishing/sketching/painting trip up Cement Creek road. That's Mark fishing, Lisa and I were being artists, and everything was happy until I was bitten by a fly. Yes, a really nothing looking black fly landed on my left middle finger. Not a bee or a wasp: just a stupid fly. (Lisa was a witness) Within minutes my fingers and then entire hand swelled up and turned red. Hurray, evidently I'm allergic to some kind of fly - who knew... Anyway, after antihistamine, cortizone cream, and a soaking in a bowl of ice water. (That was Lisa's idea - very mean) I am much better today, although my hand is not all the way back to normal. Lesson to me: use bug spray!




On a happier note, we went to the farmer's market in town this morning. If you have a local farmer's market in your area you absolutely should go. They're all a lot of fun with local produce, crafts,food, and good people watching. I bought heirloom tomatoes and spring mix of lettuce with edible flowers. Yes, I have developed a fondness for pansies. That's the lettuce mix in the plastic bag...



1 comment: