Monday, January 17, 2011

People, cars, and zoom, zoom

Life here is now moving fast - it's season! Here, that means crowded restaurants, foreign languages wafting in the air, lots of traffic and crazy acting traffic at that, and ridiculous things -seeing Bentleys & Rolls Royces every day, designer clothes on people who really should not be wearing them - too old, too heavy, too whatever... I'm convinced those clothes only look good on 6ft tall, skinny, 20 year olds...it's a good thing since I can't afford them anyway...


And then there are the houses - no, neither one of these is mine, not even close.  The top one on the beach is worth $10 million -wow, that's a lot of zeros. Gotta love it - the Naples scene.

Enjoying my Tai Chi class. It's a very centering, meditative art - quite the opposite of our modern world. We're learning postures very slowly (yes, my impatience is showing) it's a discipline, but all good for the body & mind. I will keep going - there are 37 postures to learn and we're only on number 2!

Bathroom remodel done - hurray! Now the house goes on the market this weekend. Not so much hurray - I have to gear myself up for the onslaught. I keep telling myself: no people, no sale...

1 comment:

  1. Love the tree photo! And the bathroom looks lovely. But, I thought it was wonderful before, too.

    ReplyDelete