Sunday, January 9, 2011

Paint in my hair and Meyer lemons in my frig

On to fun projects for 2011 - hmmm, maybe not so much. The DIY concept is good and money saving, but hard on my back and neck... You know how one thing leads to another. I thought all we had to do was replace the falling apart vanity. It turned into ripping old wallpaper down, texturing, painting, scheduling the mirror man to come take away the old mirror (it won't fit with the new vanity) and measure for the new one, scheduling the removal of the vanity, and having to buy & pickup the new vanity. Only the walls have been done so far and that was a bit of work - we have 10 foot ceilings everywhere.
And we're putting the house back on the market. It's prime time for real estate sales here, so I'm trying to gear up for the onslaught of people. Last season we had mobs of people but sadly only bargain shoppers. Could be that way again - cross your fingers for us. We're ready for the year round Star Mountain experience. Mark certainly is - he must look at the webcams of Crested Butte 3 times a day - every day.




Went to the farmers market in town. Oh yes the people are here! I'm elated to be able to buy local produce and people watch. And Meyer lemons are back - hurray. Oh, and isn't that car cute? I want one - would be lots of fun.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhh I like the sound of the year round Star Mountain experience. Love thinking of you be so near! I just had a flash of us snow shoeing. But, we would likely stand in one place just laughing!

    ReplyDelete