Saturday, January 29, 2011

Birds and movies

Mark communing with the birds
So why when you have the birds calling, the surf crashing or waves gently swishing onto the sand, do people wear earphones? On my beach walk I've noticed about 1/3 of the people do this, and I just don't get it. I mean, they sell soundtracks of the ocean noises - meditative and all that.  Anyway, no earphones for me...


Caught this heron trying to catch fish at the water's edge. They are shy though and flew away...

Be warned: you're probably going to see many movie reviews from me. It's a nice activity when we're kicked out of the house for a showing.  Just saw The King's Speech. Very, very good and not surprising that it's up for tons of awards. I'm, as you know, a anglophile extraordinare, so no surprise I liked it, but Mark really enjoyed it too (and he's not an anglophile in any sense of the word).Open house tomorrow so we bought tickets to see The Fighter. My review will follow!
Finished book #4  - number 6 in the series - The Lost Art of Gratitude by Alexander McCall Smith. Great series set in modern day Scotland.

1 comment:

  1. LOL such a good point about the nature sound tracks! Most people don't have those sounds around them so maybe they have gotten used to listening to music to put pep in their step and can't break the habit. Wow. Those were some birds surrounding Mark!
    Had to look up anglophile! If I ever knew one it is YOU!
    Returned you call. Will catch up later. Love you!

    ReplyDelete