Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Cooking sauce, pools, and art

Sunrise at the beach
Meyer lemon sauce from William Sonoma is really great stuff - and popular, they're out of it a lot. Mark used it to make osso bucco the other night - yum. It's good on other things too,chicken for one. Pick some up! And yes, you need to actually have a Williams-Sonoma near you for this to work - which I do currently, but of course do not in Gunnison.

So the house is on the market, and of course after fixing, painting, etc. something else breaks. Naturally. This time it's the pool timer. This Florida lifestyle of every house with a pool means fun but also maintenance. Our pool light had gone out as well (not as crucial but nice) so the repairman fixed both. Did you know the lights are in waterproof housings so you don't have to drain the pool (which we briefly thought would happen).I don't think he was having fun, but it was fun for me to watch..

I'm posting a still life assignment for art class. Not my normal forte, but I enjoyed it. At least it's a happy thing with color...

Finished book #3 Wait for Me, the latest memoirs of Deborah Mitford, Duchess of Devonshire. Wow,that's a mouthful. She's 90, still very active, and the book was full of great stories. It made me want to go see her home - Chatsworth, now in the national trust owned by the British government. It has 497 rooms!

1 comment:

  1. Can't decide which I like most, the pool guy or the painting ;)

    ReplyDelete