Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Water, sand, wet paint, and swampy stuff

How crazy is this - Crested Butte is 28 and snowing, Naples just broke a record yesterday at 90. Extremes...

Having fun here. Mark had great success fishing at the beach catching spanish mackerel and ladyfish - sounds like I know what I'm talking about - not really, just repeating his story. Played golf, which is a lot for me - twice in a week. A good time had as well. Took a photo of the foliage - not in CO anymore!

Saw a baby alligator in the canal on our morning walk. This one was 18 inches long at most. The only one so far - they have a dismal survival rate, but alligators in general have increased in numbers dramatically, causing a longer hunting season this year. Yes, I know, who wants to hunt an alligator, evidently many...boots, belts, shoes???

I am done with pears, painting them I mean. A dozen small paintings when I only needed two. Well, that's what I ended up with and art class is tomorrow. I know without a doubt my instructor is laughing behind the scenes over what we all thought was a simple assignment. HA! To be honest, I am sick of pears at the moment and can't even focus on what I did. Hopefully something not too terrible is in the big pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment