Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Adjusting to the tropics

Life is sooo different here that I find myself making a mental list of pros & cons. 
Definite pro - had my first pedicure in months at my place two minutes away. Luxury...
Con - traffic and oblivious traffic at that - remembered this from prior years - people here drive as if they were in a bubble and can blow it wherever the whim takes them.
baby ray

Pro - Mark planted his herbs & tomatoes in the pots around the pool. Awesome that Oct. is the month to do that here. And we just finished eating the rest of the small but tasty leftover tomatoes from the pitiful plants at Star Mt.
Con - Humidity - dripping sweat off the nose kind - and bugs of all kinds - no seeums and big things.

Pro - stores. wonderful stores of all kinds two minutes away even high end designer stores. (which I never even put a toe in) I don't normally care so much about this, but after 5 months of driving half an hour to the decent, but not great grocery store, and the other options (which consist of basically a Walmart and hardware store) this is manna from heaven. I'll get over it in time no doubt.
Con - noise: car, airplane, lawnmowers, etc, etc. You see we're not used to any noise other than perhaps elk bugling or coyote howling.


bananas in our yard

alligator in the canal
I'll come up with more, in the meantime adjusting quite well thank you. Played golf yesterday after 6 months of not and happily had a low score for me, and art class starts today. I may survive the Colorado transition after all...

1 comment: