Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Goodbye Star Mt. - Hello to Florida


Last day and it's been filled with errands and to do lists.Bringing in outdoor furniture, covering the beautifully stacked firewood, clamping down all windows, etc. -20 is a norm around here in the middle of winter. Brrrr... Anyone need a slightly used 100ft snow fence? We put it up last year by the driveway where snow drifts. Of course it didn't work and may have even caused more snow to build up. Newbie mountain homeowners... Very cheap - going fast!
Raced into town for a last color & cut at my place ( a house turned into a salon) sooo quaint with hardworking women who keep us all going for a ridiculously low price. They love to decorate for holidays as my photo shows... I will definitely miss this place - my salon in Florida charges three times the amount and no homey stories, and everyone's dressed in black (what's up with that?).

The animals have been around to say goodbye - a bushy tailed red fox, lots of deer, and coyotes howling in the night. Oh, I will pine away thinking of all this...yes, yes,I know, we'll be back!



Mark spent a couple of hours for a last bit of fishing. Caught some and caught some photos of big horn sheep coming to get a drink at the river. I never see them - lucky him...

I will keep posting from Florida. Just have to switch my mindset - alligators for deer, tropical birds for fox. I can do it, no problem.

1 comment: