Sunday, February 21, 2010

Visits around town







Made it to the farmer's market yesterday. It is wildly popular and you have to make your way through the crowds. We bought a few things including the meyer lemons for Tiffany. Now I just have to hope they'll arrive in good shape.



The weather has finally turned warm - we can open the slider doors - hurray! First day in a while that I didn't have to wear a jacket to walk on the beach. Now that's what Florida is supposed to be about. Come on down everybody!



I got my hair colored & cut this week for the first time since we've been down. Twice as much money & twice as much time as my cute little beauty salon/house in Gunnison, but I must admit, a much better haircut. I'll have to think a bit on how to get my person in Gunnison to up her game, hmmm...



Finished book #14 and it was a good one. The Help by Kathryn Stockett. Great writing and wonderful characters. It's set in 1962 Mississippi with all the issues of the day. I didn't grow up in the South, so some of this was foreign to me, but loved the book.

1 comment:

  1. The Help is on my list too! Glad to hear it's good. I just posted about my latest horse adventure, it includes lots of snow, so you can appreciate the Florida weather a little bit more once you read it!

    ReplyDelete