Sunday, February 14, 2010

Beach debris










Interesting walk on the beach this morning. Lots of wind and heavy surf dumped some different things on the beach. Someone's fishing trap, icky large jellyfish, and a lot of starfish. We lost count on how many 9 point starfish had washed up on the beach. Yes, threw them all back, and couldn't believe it - there was an actual perfect 9 point! The books say you won't see it since they can shed a leg the instant an enemy takes a hold.



I've finished my latest book: Diana Gabaldon's most recent - An Echo in the Bone. All of hers are fabulous and very long - this one was 814pgs. Since I more or less eat books, long is good for me!If you haven't read the series try it - it's terrific historical fiction (Outlander series) I've given it my first 5 star. You can see my whole list if you click on the words "my book list" - it appears I didn't explain how it works very well...



2 comments:

  1. Unbelievable starfish!!
    First 5 star book. I was wondering when that would happen! But, 814 pages...I'll have to think about that!
    Miss you..Lis

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one is part of a series? The library has it on audio (can you imagine how many hours that must be?) but no others from her...

    ReplyDelete