Thursday, July 1, 2010

Stretching, eating, shopping, & slipping on rocks









Wow, where do I start. Yesterday the guys went to play golf and Lisa & I zoomed to Crested Butte for, get ready, a pilates class that was held on the outdoor stage at the Center for the Arts. Not for me, I hasten to say, never done pilates in my life. Left Lisa and went into town for a visit to the local bookstore for me. After her class we went for a great lunch and did a little shopping. Yes, you may wonder why I have this Buddha in my arms. It was not a purchase exactly, we borrowed it for a night from a consignment store. It's all legal, the owners want the Buddha to travel to various places, and we are sure it is fabulous good luck. He has his own facebook page Buttetravelingbuddha.com. Yes, no doubt about it, there are always adventures to be had when you're with Lisa.
Back to Crested Butte today with the guys as well, for a yoga class (Lisa alone again) on the same outdoor stage (no picture this time- they didn't seem comfortable with an audience). And, yeah, lunch at Secret Stash. Wonderful fun place. We returned the Buddha, relief we didn't break it!, and did a little more shopping.
Afternoon plan: go back on Ohio Pass & hike to the waterfall. Hmmm....started the hike, got to the rocks with narrow path and long way down, and decided this was not an easy hike after all. Turned around and went back. Mark & Lisa were doing the best. I did not like the rocks and Charles didn't either, and he had wrong shoes. Well, maybe someday, a repeat (HA, I say)

2 comments:

  1. Charles and I cannot even begin to decide what part of the trip we loved the most! You and Mark have created such a wonderful place and are so generous to share it freely with those you love.
    The whole week was filled with greatness...such wonderful memories we will cherish forever. Thank you so much for every moment, every meal, all the laughter and love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That flower picture was for me right? :) I loved all the photos and am itching to get out there to see you guys! The view from where Lisa and Charles is standing is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete