Friday, July 16, 2010

Giant summer everything




Taking a breath between company. We took my parents back to CO Springs yesterday after a terrific few days. Similar to others who've come, Mom had a growing list of things and places that we didn't get to. Time sure flies by here!
Some things I forgot in my last post: a strange sight - a cat chasing a fox. Had to do a double take on that one. Clearly a neighbor's cat - hope it ended up okay...
We had a great dinner with my parents at the longtime French restaurant Le Bosquet. It's been around for 33 years - amazing. I love that things don't change that much here...
The hanging baskets in town are as usual gorgeous, and my latest attempt to grow my own is failing abysmally. And the photo of bikes are "townies", definitely not to be confused with mountain bikes, people who live in CB bike everywhere on them.
Hurray, Ben fixed the gates(both ended up loose) so the cows will have to put up with staying outside. This group is actually a little more sedate than last year's. Mostly steers (look it up if you don't know :) ) and a few moms with calves. Could it be that we will not have the bulls visiting this summer? Oh, gee, I'll really be sorry about that...
And lastly, on the way home on Ohio Creek last night, we had a female elk run out in front of us and, amazingly, a bull elk following right behind. Yup, a male, wow, we don't see them at all, it's the wrong time of year, so who knows why.

No comments:

Post a Comment