Friday, June 25, 2010

Outdoor Fun











Lots of happenings here. Mark returned from his Black Canyon float trip in one piece. Had great success fishing and the rainbow (see pic) was one of the biggest the guides had seen. The brown wasn't bad either... Both he & Steve decided against sleeping in the tents, and stayed out in the open. Dreamed with the moon & the stars.
In the meantime, I, with free time, decided to hike with the mountain ladies (as I call them) - yup, a 9 MILE HIKE! We went to Green Lake which is at the base of Mt. Axtell. Let's just say it was a major thing for me to do - I could hardly walk when I got home. Saw a red columbine, don't believe I've seen that before and met lots of inspiring women. They mountain bike, cross country ski, hike big huge mountains a few times a week, and two of them were in their 70's! Boy, and I thought I was in decent shape....
The bear saga continues. I think this is a bearprint (not, I hasten to say, anywhere close to the house on the next hill over) however, this morning more "evidence" appeared on the driveway. I am not crass enough to post a photo of that. At the same time our plastic wrapped newspaper at the top of the driveway from yesterday had disappeared(I was too tired to go get it after hiking). So my conclusion is that we have a literate bear in the vicinity. Perhaps I'll leave reading glasses up there for him...

No comments:

Post a Comment