Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Magical moments










Went to pick up my dozen eggs at the farm yesterday. The eggs are fabulous! (We bought a dozen on tour day last weekend) After Heather put nutritional info on pasture fed eggs versus commercial on her blog, I was sold. And they look different too - bright orange yolks, yummy. My timing was great too, they had just brought in the dairy cows for their once a day milking.( it's in the distribution building where you pick up eggs and milk) They get a yummy treat so are happy to saunter in the milking room. Can't wait for the July meat pick up!
The first columbines are blooming in the woods. Yes Tiffany, thought of you, and they are gorgeous! We planted columbine seed in our yard last year and I think some of the plants have come up, but most of the wildflower seed doesn't bloom until the second year - just have to wait.
An amazing sight this morning. On my way driving out of Star Mt. I rounded a curve and had to stop dead. A doe and her brand new baby fawn were in the middle of the road. The doe was confused and didn't know what to do, but finally walked across the road and a few seconds later the little scrap of a baby staggered after her. It brought tears to my eyes...the things we see here!

2 comments:

  1. Wow - so cute! I love the flowers. I hope they're still around in a few weeks for me to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can barely restrain our excitement!!

    ReplyDelete