Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Jeeping









First, before I talk about anything else, I must shout out a great big thank you to all consumer forums on the web. If you saw my post yesterday, I discussed how blogger went down. What I didn't say was there was no help or status update on their site - I had no idea what was going on until I found a Blogger forum. Next, this morning our DirectTV went down. Again, Mark could not get anything but an automated message on the phone, nothing posted on their site, DirectTV consumer forum to the rescue. The forum had a solution that worked - hurray!
Okay, on to fun things. We went jeeping again yesterday. Now isn't that a great word - it denotes adventure, freedom, dare devil moves with shear drops over cliffs barely avoided. Everything fits except the dare devil stuff. No death defying anything was going on. We went up to the back of Red Mt. for miles & miles (Mark thinks around 16) Unbelievable views, gorgeous flowers, and wildlife. Lots of water too, which was a surprise. Saw shy elk, deer, coyote, and yes, they are everywhere, even at over 10,000 ft - cows. We had to go through some gates and make sure to close them. I guess the state leases some of the land to the ranchers. We, of course, thought we were all by ourselves, and lo, another cowboy appeared, I'm sure to check on the cattle. The cowboys rule here...

1 comment:

  1. I wanna go jeeping! That sounds like so much more fun than work :)

    Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete