Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Spring Babies







A mystery solved - the alligator that we see so many mornings ( the one that I discovered with friend Pam last year) is not a Charlie, but a Charlette? Last night we took friends to dinner at one of the beach restaurants and on the way there in the tram, the friendly driver told us that the orange fence (see photo for part of it) had been put up not to protect the many kids down for spring break but the 9 babies. BABIES? I said. Can you believe it, I walk there many times a week and saw not a one. Bingo, this morning there they were...we saw 5 not 9, but now I understand why the mother has been hanging out in the same place close to the bank. Survival rate for baby alligators is abysmal - hope these have better odds. You may have to click on the photos to see closer, my camera doesn't have a long zoom -it's only drawback -otherwise I love it.



Random item, if you need any knives sharpened, Sur La Table has a free special going on the month of April. Up to two are free. Since we'd recently purchased 2 Shun knives there on sale (Mark is very into this knife thing...hmmm) those didn't need it, but we had other brands. You can slice paper with them now, if we so need...



Finished book #27 - a crazy book that made all kinds of bestseller lists a couple of years ago. Then We Came to the End by Joshua Ferris. A novel about working in an office of an advertising agency which sounded very, very authentic. I'd forgotten how crazy office politics is/was. Miss it not so much...

2 comments:

  1. 9 babies! What will they do if you end up with 10 full grown alligators there?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...alligators and office politics and sharp knives. Your post is so congruent. Ha! Reminds me of someplace I once worked.
    (weird I dreamed of being in a swamp with a big alligator last night...yes indeed, I did)

    ReplyDelete