Friday, April 2, 2010

Happy Spring & Easter!








All things crazy here with springbreak ongoing and Easter Sunday approaching. Walks to the beach in the morning are still quiet - families evidently are not up that early, and just had to share a photo with "our" alligator. He/she has been resting close to the bank, so a new orange barrier fence has been put by the sign to keep unwary tourists away. We're really good at trying to keep the people from doing harm to themselves in this country - maybe...




Finished book #24 Land of Marvels by Barry Unsworth. It's his latest in a string of big time award winning writing. Interestingly, I thought it good but not great. Characters ran together, but the plot was great - Mesopotamia pre WWI with ancient tomb discovery etc. I'll try some of his others and see.




Had to put up this cartoon courtesy of Wall Street - it made me laugh. Somehow the photo may be sideways - I am clearly internet challenged so apologize upfront. I think I appreciate it more since I've had my new phone.Wow, it does amazing things, and I find myself checking it a LOT during the day. Remember this is from a person retired almost 3 years...




Last note bought Blindside dvd (yes, Chris, finally) and the first time ever fully restored African Queen. If you have not seen this movie it is a true classic and fabulous.




Happy Easter everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Now that was a mixture of a post--books, alligators, wonky cartoons, phones and movies. Forgot your ritalin today? Tee hee. What type phone did you end up with--one without a cord this time?? We sure love our iphones--probably a little too much!
    We finally watched the Blindside, too and really liked it. Am too cheap to pay for theater tickets when they come out so fast right in my living room!
    Enjoy your Easter Weekend!
    Lis

    ReplyDelete