Sunday, April 11, 2010

Easy Sunday







Active Sunday morning today. Mark went fishing on the beach at dawn and had success (caught 4 - trout & mackerel, didn't keep them though) and I weaved through another 10k race going on in our neighborhood on my walk. Met my neighbor walking her dog, who was soaking wet. It seems he & another neighborhood dog decided to jump in the deep canal behind our homes. Not a great idea as alligators have been sighted in there.



Took a photo of these baby ibis - don't see them on the beach that often. The adults are pure white and we've never seen any of these babies when they're teeny, newly hatched. The parents keep them hidden until they're almost adult size. Most of the white species of tropical birds here have spotted or completely dark colored babies. Easier to hide I guess.



And finished book #26 Silent in the Sanctuary by Deanna Raybourn. It's the second in a series, and I enjoyed this one as much as the first. I was sure the author was British, since this is a Victorian mystery novel, but was completely wrong. She is a 6th generation Texan, graduated from UTSA in San Antonio, now living in Virginia. Got me!



1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful picture of Mark fishing. I was thinking of my bros yesterday while watching the River Runs Through It. So pretty. Well..interesting that you still had so much in common with that author, even without the British connection!

    ReplyDelete