Tuesday, April 20, 2010

8 Days & Counting







Whoa - 8 days until we leave! Now I'm panicking that I will forget to do or take something before then. And we just purchased a jeep. We will be bouncing across the country in it (really it seems to have a pretty comfortable ride considering) headed to Star Mt. See the photo - it's very cute & so clean. I can assure you that this will be the only time it will look like this. Star Mountain is not conducive to clean cars. The dirt roads instantly fling a layer all over everything.



It's getting quieter & quieter around here as people abort for the north. Not, unfortunately, with the house showings. Yes, I know I should be grateful people are still looking, but honestly, at least 55 showings & NOT ONE OFFER. For those who haven't seen it, really, really the house is very cute and in a great area. Oh, well, it's coming off the market soon and we'll decide whether to put it back on next season...



I have eyes peeled for the loose monkey wandering around Pelican Bay (our area). Picture and article in the paper this morning. Not native & full of disease and will bite -but - sooo cute. I don't think it tears up mail (a Mark childhood story in Dallas -believe it or not) so that's good...



Finished book #28 but really struggled with this one. Away by Amy Bloom. Lots of wonderful reviews on it, I just couldn't get into the main character, a Russian immigrant in the 1920's making her way in the U.S. after all her family is murdered in Russia. I think maybe my frame of mind just wanted silly or happy...



One more photo of the alligator babies. Mom was nowhere to be seen, a little unusual, and the most we've seen are 5 (this has 4 in it). I begin to think 5 are all that are left, hope not.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, monkeys tore up mail alot in Oak Cliff. I was laughing before you even got to that part! See you next week.
    p.s. Yeah...looks like a Florida jeep to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing worse than a mail destroying monkey. Well, except for one that will bite.

    Liked this title because, it's 8 more (business) days for me too!

    ReplyDelete