Saturday, April 25, 2015

Boats, palm trees, skyscrapers, and lovely food

Miaaaaami. Oh boy. Quite a place, fast moving, completely bilingual, skyscrapers everywhere.

Mark's been making the trek across alligator alley, and I hopped aboard for this week. It's an early start and many are with us for the couple hour pencil straight shot across. Nary an alligator sighting, at least for me.

I had a goal and that took up most of the time we were there. While Mark was working I was searching, searching for the perfect condo so Mark will not be living out of a motel. Success I think, we're still in the middle of the paperwork, offer, counter offer, but if it works, a lovely place which I'll post about later.

No shopping, no pool time, but some lovely dinners happened. Wonderful dinner with friends Brett and Maria at Il Gabbiano, then to a happening Peruvian restaurant Coya, which was fantastic, and then a sweet Spanish restaurant La Gamba near our hotel in Coconut Grove. Squid ink paella! The food in Miami is international and excellent.

Our hotel restaurant at breakfast. Pretty nice I think. Mark's office is very nice as well, and I was happy to have a peek into the building and the area. I am left with a strong urge to learn Spanish, It looks and feels necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment