Saturday, April 18, 2015

Palm trees, otters, bald eagles, and busyness

Quite the peaceful scene above, right? It's a tad more hectic than that around here for the humans. Mark traveling all over, and I, just trying to get some stuff done around here - repairs, renovations, a bit of furniture replacement, and research on apartments in Miami for Mark.

Saw a crazy sight while walking one morning. A bald eagle closer that I've ever seen, a mere six feet away in a tree. I didn't realize what was keeping it in the tree as I, the crazy lady below, snapped, snapped, snapped with the camera. I turned my head and a rabbit was in the road, a goner via a car -breakfast calling. Don't know if it was male or female - they both have white heads. Trivia fact for you.


Mark was traveling again this week, Miami (normal) and then LA. We reconnected on Thursday although I think I'm going to have to start calling in or putting myself on his calendar. He is quite the busy guy these days. I did get to drive the "new" car while he was away. A gently used, in perfect condition E55 AMG purchased from good friends down here. Um, there's a reason the brake and accelerator pedals are covered in metal. It's faaasstt.....and turns like a dream. Indy 500 here we come. Just kidding, just kidding.


They're baackk! After a no show last fall, the river otters are back. Frolicking in and out of the water up and down our canal. Seemingly the happiest of creatures.

The hibiscus plants are doing well and the solo tomato plant has teeny tomatoes starting. Things just grow like weeds here, there's gotta be some benefit to this hot sticky climate. It's been summer like temps since we got here, definitely above normal. And back home we just had a pretty hefty snowfall - 8 inches, which is also fairly unusual.

Made it back to one of our favorite lunch spots -Texas Tony's Barbecue Shack, a reward after running errands. Did we need an excuse? It's always quiet when we go, but we hear it's one giant noisy party at night. The first photo is of their huge smoker room. Good stuff.

endangered Wood Stork
Next post will be after Miami trek next week. I'm going over with Mark to see his new office and marathon seeing apartments with my new best friend, Mark K. the realtor. Leaning towards highrise overlooking the water. We'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment