Friday, April 10, 2015

Florida and the long sunny days

I'm taking a deep breath and trying to settle in, Mark, on the other hand, is on the move. Miami, Puerto Rico, and California next week. Ha, let the craziness commence.

Immediate planting happened, at least in pots. We are green starved. Love cooking with fresh herbs. I'm trying a tomato plant as you see and couldn't pass up those gorgeous hibiscus plants.


Speaking of plants, I now have organic veggies from a  local farm available right in our neighborhood. Sign up on Fridays,pickup Mondays. I'm excited but already am searching for recipes for things I don't usually eat - radishes being one. They certainly are pretty.

Hard to see, but those are fish nests in the water. They're in every water way - hundreds of them, and I can only imagine the soon to be explosion of baby fish.

If you don't get out early to exercise, to beat what's been unseasonable heat, you are dodging lots of humanity. The plethora of people walking, jogging, bicycles just because, and bicycles with people loaded up with tennis gear going full speed ahead to their game, as in not watching at all where they are going.

Art class has started which I'm thrilled about. A lot of old regulars who, like me, follow Patty around. She is a terrific inspired teacher.

Pool entrance
Our neighborhood is still quite busy and the pool a big attraction. Waiting to see how long it takes to quiet down, and the beach as well. Haven't made it yet but did order a single clamp on umbrella for a beach chair so I can go at a whim and paint. Gotta love that Amazon. Poof and here it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment