Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!





Hope everyone has a safe and very happy Thanksgiving. And don't knock yourself out while starting the Xmas shopping in those stores that are open later today. Craziness- can't handle it myself. Heading to our friends later for Thanksgiving dinner with my pecan tassies and a special cornbread sausage dressing from Mark. Tis all about the food.


26 inches of snow at Star Mt the last two weeks. WOW! Great start for ski season. I predict transition shock ,at least for me when we go back. I'm having a hard time packing warm clothes for Virginia as we fly tomorrow. Here we come Penny!

Orchid in the wild- it's the tropics here, no white stuff unless you count the sand.


Art class has started, a full one with 15 of us. So happy to be back with Patty Kane - talented artist and teacher that she is.




Went to a round of the LPGA tournament last weekend. Boy, those ladies can hit the ball a mile. Interesting that so many were wearing sun UV arm protection sleeves or using umbrellas. Quite a change from the tanning baby oil and iodine mixture of my teens. Terrible stuff of course, and we are all paying for it now. Breathed a sigh of relief as the dermatologist came up with nothing suspicious for my first all over check. Why did I wait so long? Procrastination and there IS NO dermatologist in the Gunnison area. A flaw in paradise definitely...




Take a look at this photo. I took it yesterday morning on my walk and didn't even notice an actual sea turtle heading to the water. I claim wild wind and waves as the excuse. Don't know the story here, it's way past the season for turtles to be around.














And this morning after a cold front came through (43 low), Mark and walked to the beach and saw an unusual sight- buzzards on the sand along with our sea birds. Why? There was a fish kill all up and down the beach, Mark had read it's from red tide and all the way up to Ft Myers beaches. It's a phenomenon that happens here from time to time. Nature...

I'll be back with Penny and family pictures!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment