Thursday, November 14, 2013

Beach, golf, dolphins, and just fun




A little calmer here after the surprise weekend. Weather has been good and a cool front came through, though as an official "snowbird" not sure I was impressed. It dropped the temps 6 degrees. Ha, just slightly different back home... We've been here a month already- hard to believe.







My morning beach walk has become my nature fix in lieu of Star Mt. Great stuff - junior alligators, turtles, hosts of birds, and yesterday a dolphin sighting. They are fast movers and even with my fantastic camera, hard to catch.











I've been doing bits and pieces of things:Tai Chi class, watercolor painting,reading, reading, reading for the historical fiction class, and a little golf thrown in today. Alligators were around, but none so interested in Mark as last time.




Too much eating out was happening, a terrible problem, so a change of course was demanded. Dinners at home which has been nice. And we found fava beans which I adore, and made the dish pictured above. Fresh tomatoes, garlic, onion, andouille sausage, cilantro, and of course the fava beans. Yummy... Had to buy yet another cast iron skillet. We cannot manage without one. This one will go home too even though we have two. Camping supplies I think. Yes I know, we have camped exactly one time each of the last two summers. We're gonna up the count I swear.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment