Friday, January 27, 2012

Back to winter wonderland

Well I made it to Star Mt. Full plane of happy people anticipating fun ski vacations. Thank goodness Crested Butte finally has some decent snow!  There's a couple feet at the house with more to come tonight. My quick trip back to Naples should be okay though, weather is supposed to be clear for my Saturday departure.
It's so terrific to be back here if only for a little while. Hard to explain why I would prefer cold snowy Star Mt. to balmy tropical Florida, but I do. The break's been nice and we have February still to go before we're back for real.

runaway llama
I have taxes to work on, mountains of paperwork, but making good progress. I did take a break to do errands in town. Only a few cars on the road all with friendly waves, and all were dirty (imagine that).Saw a loose llama on the road relishing a taste of freedom - had to take his/her picture.

Also did a little snowshoeing - first time this winter. Heard coyotes in the distance, a litte spooky that, when you're all by yourself in the middle of the woods.
ps. did get 8 inches overnight. I've just gotten up to the sound of Walter's snowplow pre-dawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment