Sunday, January 8, 2012

Balmy Naples

And, in Naples we are....  Long three days of driving but made it just fine. Oh, the shock of green grass and blooming flowers and 75 degrees. Poor pitiful us right?
And if you're wondering what's the deal since we sold our house in Naples last April, we've had a rental condo there as well. Bought at the high end and then everything came tumbling down. Not the time to sell yet so we'll keep renting it out. And had good luck with renters until this last one. Oh my, bad story, much damage, and trauma to the soul. It only takes one rotten apple... Sooo, part of the time here will be spent in restoring everything back to nice. Much work had already been done before we got here thank goodness.And thanks Heather for the advice - we had sage burning to purify the condo - no bad energy here now!

The condo is 20 feet from the water, and I'm sitting in the lanai as I write watching ducks, turtles, herons, pelicans, and egrets bobbing and weaving hunting for food. Much more entertaining than I expected. I do love the wildlife wherever and whatever it is...

We've already been to some of our favorite restaurants - Randy's (seafood), Sushi Thai (obvious), Escargot 41 (French), and today Texas Tonys Barbeque. There are many more excellent restaurants we'll be going to - it's a good thing I've started back on my walking regimen - burn up those calories!
Mark has already been back and forth to Detroit (he wasn't here even 24hrs before flying)and leaves tomorrow for CES in Las Vegas. Crossing my fingers he'll have time to have some fun in the weeks we're here.
I start art classes this week with the wonderful instructor I found last year - Patty Kane. Yippee!



No comments:

Post a Comment