Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Used my new mixer to make a family tradition - cinnamon rolls. I'm trying to help out for our Thanksgiving and not burden the girls with everything we insist is necessary for the dinner - since it will be at Heather's (a three yr tradition) I know you all have equally draw a line in the sand traditions, so no laughing over my baking, freezing, and then packing those darn rolls in my suitcase. Mark just rolled his eyes - yes it will happen.

Snow still on the ground here, although not in Gunnison but definitely in CB. We zipped up to have lunch (Mark's idea - who was even going to be open ?) But he was right and Ginger Cafe was it. People coming in, mountain shuttle bouncing through the streets with skis in the outside storage!, and an uptick of tourists arriving for the holiday weekend time. CB mountain opened today, don't know how good that was, not much snow has fallen (Mark says 20 inch base and mostly only green runs open).

And we have a XMAS TREE! And it was totally legal this time (not explaining that.)Yes it's early but the tree is outside roped to our deck until time to pull it in. Up Carbon Creek to find the tree before the snow makes the road impassable. Smarter this time.

We are traveling back east for Thanksgiving and then I'm staying to help out with Penny. I'll have my computer this time to post. Wishes for a wonderful holiday for everyone. Don't eat too much (of course I will).

1 comment:

  1. Yay for keeping Donner's holiday cinnamon roll recipe alive. We will break the tradition this year, as our oven went bye bye today. Weird, huh! Hug all your kids for me and have a happy thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete