Thursday, November 17, 2011

White stuff and holidays a coming

Brrr, it's cold over here. No more snow has fallen but not much has melted. Ski resort opens day before Thanksgiving. They're celebrating 50 years and the first day is free for everyone. Nice! My only question is how did it get to be mid-November?
Much has been accomplished this week. Badly needed hair cut, overdue mammogram, plumbing repairs (paid for that, didn't do it)and a big trip to the nearest city (Montrose) that actually has some chain stores - Target being the target (ha, ha) - a nearly two hour drive. Boy, do we live in the sticks...
Walking for exercise is a tad difficult right now. Snow's not melting, but there's not been enough to start snowshoeing - just slippy slidey on the icy road. I walked down Ohio Creek today (which is dry) and visited our neighbor ranch. As I came close, the cows started running towards me and bellowing -wanting food? Totally flipped from the summer when they run away. Sorry, no food on me.
Finished another book - The Other Family by Joanna Trollope. I think I've read almost all of hers, which is saying a lot since she's written over 20. She never disappoints - all about the inner workings of families.
I'm excited about the holidays. I may, just may even put up some Christmas stuff before we leave for Thanksgiving back east. Never ever do that. But, I'm not back until mid Dec. since I'm helping out with Penny for a couple of weeks. And, everyone will come back here for Christmas - baby Penny's first! Yes, I'm excited...

No comments:

Post a Comment