Sunday, December 4, 2011

December and Penny

I'm back after a huge delay. Been very busy with Penny Lou and here another week before home to Star Mt. Somehow I've been in Virginia every time the month has changed, for the last 4 months. No wonder I'm disoriented. The race is on to Christmas - and I haven't done a thing.

My report consists of Penny things: she loves her hands, has not discovered her feet yet, loves the sound of her own voice, appears to love her "Nana", and it's amazing what cones back after more than 30 years not taking care of babies. And Penny appears to be brilliant, of course. After watching a science show about the on going search for the 4th dimension with complete non comprehension, I'm sure Penny will be the one to discover the truth of the matter.
Went Xmas shopping with Tiffany  - you gotta do it, get into the holiday spirit - be jostled by the crowds, fight for a parking space, scratch your head over what to get sister Jane. For the record, I have no sister Jane, but you get my drift... Tiffany and Chris are putting up all their Christmas decorations even though they're coming to our house for Xmas. I'm glad, it's pretty and holidayish. Speaking of Xmas, Mark reports our tree is doing well, lashed to a post under the deck outside. (See previous post on tree cutting). He's only there for the weekend and then back to Detroit, so next weekend when we're both back, the tree will come inside for decorating. And be cut down in size - right now it's about 20 feet tall -  way too much to handle.The forest service wants you to cut the chosen tree all the way down to keep it from trying to grow back in a weak, misshapen way. Yippee, more firewood...

No comments:

Post a Comment