Thursday, November 10, 2011

Precious Penny, snow, cows, and home again

I'm back! My one week trip to see Penny turned into 2 1/2 weeks, and I didn't pack my computer. So sorry  - no postings. My darling grandbaby unexpectedly had to have nasal surgery so I stayed to help. She is doing wonderfully well and it should be clear sailing now. Can't say enough about the doctor and the hospital (Children's National Medical Center in DC) - they were fabulous! I think most of us would agree that being able to breath clearly is kind of a necessity...

Mark was finally able to visit Penny and, of course, she has him already wrapped around her little finger. This grandchild thing is pretty amazing. A special miracle.

So backtracking a bit - took these photos on my trek out of town to start the Penny trip. Once again, we do not have traffic as in cars, it's cows... I followed these cowboys for 3 miles at cow speed. No going around - there were about 2,000 of them. And, I had to make a detour once past them to the nearest car wash. A LOT of manure all over everywhere. Quite different from all of you in the big cities...

Ladybug and her dad
Bored?
Had all kinds of weather while in VA. Snow (first time in 30 years), rain (of course - been a big pattern for awhile now) and gorgeous sun with pretty fall leaves. Got to celebrate Halloween with Tiffany and Chris - Penny's first! And I celebrated my birthday there as well. Tiffany made me Shrimp Paesano - one of our special family meals. Yummy! Lemon, butter, garlic heaven -it's to die for, and the recipe comes from a restaurant in San Antonio. Used to be a big secret but it's all over the internet now if you're curious.

blessed sleep
one of my more fun activities at home - the scale
look at those eyelashes!
Finished one book only in all that time. Penny keeps everybody hopping! Very entertaining book - Ree Drummond ( made famous by her blog www.ThePioneerWoman.com) The Pioneer Woman - Black Heels to Tractor Wheels - a love story. It's not a guy book - just warning you, very romantic story of her meeting her rancher husband.

Flew home to Star Mt. (well, flew to Denver, then drove 4 1/2 hrs to Star Mt.) Saw a herd of yak, a herd (gathering?) of llamas, and avoided a small rock slide on the way in. Whew, glad to be back...

1 comment:

  1. Loving the pics of Penny. She is the only thing that could make the rocky mountains just ho hum!

    ReplyDelete