Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Life and changes

Trying to keep the spinning top from spinning off into the universe. Life is a little out of control at the moment. Well, of course, it's really always out of our control, we just don't think so... (or I don't think so.)
Issues at hand, shhh, the maybe, probably sold house. Ooooh, why, why has the process become so cumbersome and adversarial? We (the sellers) are reasonable, she (the buyer) is reasonable, it's all the group (inspectors, lawyers, repair, insurance etc. people) in between. We've sold a number of houses, not newbies, but something has happened in the last few years to make this quite difficult for both sides. And this is helping the housing market - how?

Enough of that, I want you to meet my newest beach walking friend. Cute yes? For those of you who are not alligator fans (can it be?) sorry, but just had to snap a photo of the junior/juniorette 4 ft gator sauntering across my path. I, friends yes but smart, had backed up a few feet to take the picture. 5 years old maybe...

Breaking baby news: ultrasound for sex was done -and -it's a girl! I've been very verbal that it was a boy,as was Tiffany, and how wrong we were. Pink stuff here we come! I've also been reading, just to get caught back up after 30 years, The Happiest Baby on the Block. Highly recommended and yes, what's old is new again. I didn't do any of this swaddling technique that's back. Well, hopefully, I'll be better prepared for my new grandchild.
We leave for Maryland tomorrow for a long weekend to visit the girls.Shopping, birthday dinner (for Heather), golf for Mark at our old club, and general fun. I'll be back with a report.

1 comment:

  1. At first glance I thought the sand was pictures of snow. I guess I am wishing you back to Star Mt. Did you get the pic I sent of the baby swaddling thingy? I remember the nurses at the hospital teaching us how to wrap up Brandon like that. Who knows what new fangled thing they will come up with next? Probably something wild like breast feeding?!

    ReplyDelete