Friday, March 11, 2011

Florida wildlife on the move

Some of you may have a problem with these pictures. Just to want to assure you noone was injured for these photos. A wee little incident by our pool a couple of days ago while my pool guy was there doing regular maintenance. I heard a garbled noise, raced out to see a large black snake inside the pool cage and my pool guy leaping waaay on the other side. He found it, or it found him, while cleaning the skimmer. I think it was hanging out in one of our clay pots. Anyway, it was a black racer (non-poisonous) and brilliantly, my pool guy whipped a nozzle on my hose and sprayed it all the way out the screen door to freedom. Of course I had to grab my camera and document. I think he thought I was a little crazy, but his English is not great (he's from South America) so I'm not sure...

Big mama alligator swimming close to shore on my beach walk. They are fascinating, but I don't like them too close.

Georgeous weather here and spring break for many. Oh, boy, is everything jampacked! We went to another movie (Adjustment Bureau) for the usual reason - open house at our house. Good, not great, but with the most delicious couple starring - Matt Damon and Emily Blunt. If only the plot had lived up to them...

We are fighting the most valient of fights with white fly invasion on our tomatoes. Happened while we were gone and Mark has taken to spraying the plants with soapy water spray everyday. Kills the adults but not the babies and boy are there a lot everywhere. We would like some juicy red tomatoes out of this.

Star Mt. is fine with a small heat wave going on. 40 degrees today. Snow showers on Sunday, but no accumulation. We miss it even now...

1 comment:

  1. So glad not to be visiting you and your creatures in Naples. May have to UN follow your blog.

    ReplyDelete