Monday, August 2, 2010

Quiet and rain





All has gone quiet here. 5 weeks of company all done. I'm sad about it really - it went way too fast! We do have people coming the end of this month and a few in Sept, so never fear, Star Mt B & B is still up and running.
Weather has been strange for here. Heavy rain part of every day and mostly overcast. Good for the wildflowers and grasses but I want the blue sky and sun back. I know, I know as if anyone has control over the weather...
Deer everywhere, I took this photo of the buck by the house this morning on my way back from my walk. Bear scat in the woods today as well - oh, yes had my spray handy. No sign of "our" bear again, but obviously we are keeping an eye open.
Aren't the twin fawns darling - they showed up a few hours after Tiffany,Chris, & Heather left. Too bad they didn't get to see...
Just purchased, again, more sugar. These hummingbirds are running up the grocery bill with 4 refills a day. I checked last year's blog posts in Aug, and it would seem that in a couple of weeks the Rufus (orange) hummingbirds leave town. Last to come in and first to leave - we'll see...
Now I have to catch up on mundane things like bills, organizing, cleaning, and more. It felt as if I was on vacation with everyone else. Oops, life stuff has to be done by somebody.

No comments:

Post a Comment