Saturday, January 30, 2010

Edison and a past life







We went on a field trip this week to Edison /Ford Winter Homes in Ft. Myers. Never been but had heard good things & they recently had a 10 million renovation. It's beautiful and more Edison concentrated since he bought the property first & then Ford came after. The museum had lots of Edison's inventions. A genuis with hardly any education at all.



Smart man who definitely knew where to come in the winter time. He built on property overlooking a river, had a plethora of exotic plants & trees (a lot are still there), and built a swimming pool ( a big deal in the 20's). The buildings are in the "low country" kind of style if you're familiar. The banyon trees there are immense. That's one in the photo. Some crazy kind of roots!
I have started the "star" rating system for the book list. I didn't expect so many comments on the book section! The latest book I've finished (Soul Survivor) was lent to me by a friend and is amazing. True story about past lives. A couple with a two year old child and how they find out he was a World War II pilot killed in action. I'm totally a believer after reading this...

1 comment:

  1. You were ALWAYS a believer! I'll have to read that one. I have seen the family interviewed and it looks interesting for sure!

    ReplyDelete