Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Eating & Reading







We have just discovered quinoa (keen-wa) and wanted to share. You probably already know about this superfood, but we didn't. It's 6,000 years old, used by the Incas, and has super protein, amino acids, calcium, & a bunch of other stuff. You can eat it for breakfast, dinner, whenever. Ours came from Bolivia, and we really enjoyed it as a side dish for dinner. Soaked it according to directions, added nuts & cranberries, cooked it, and voila.



You may have noticed a different sidebar on the top. I started looking at reading blogs and was impressed with the dedication and competition they all seem to have. What I got out it was the desire to write down what I read during the year. I'm a HUGE reader, but have no idea what I have read in any given year. Mark suggested I put some kind of scoring on the list, but I'm not that great on mechanics. If I figure out how, I'll put something up!

4 comments:

  1. Seven books already?? My goal is to read one book a month this year so you will be blowing past me. :)

    I'd be interested in your scoring if you figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just about finished with Committed. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Seven books in 3 weeks! Unreal. I'm with Tiff, one a month, maybe two is about all I can manage. I want reviews...how bout star ratings?

    I like to occasionaly use Quinoa in Tabouli instead of Bulgar. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure if it counts the same, but I'm at 5 books for 2010... probably finish about half of another before January ends...

    ReplyDelete