Sunday, June 2, 2019

Santa Fe family visit and Star Mt. greening up

I know you must be in shock to see two posts within a week. Things just move fast around Star Mt. ya know.

The magic mountain spring. Freshest water anywhere. As the snowpack melt is full on, the force of the water coming out is fierce. This photo does not do it justice. My water containers were about blown out of my hand, and so cold my hands were going numb.

Two deer were traveling with this pack. They don't usually run with each other.

Lots of elk and now deer everywhere. I'v got eyes peeled for Flap (our adopted deer) but no sign yet. She is really in the elderly category at this point, at least 11 years old mother of a dozen fawns. Very much hoping she's still alive and kicking, although the minute she shows up, she eats my few flowers out front.

Our resident bluebird pair were here to greet us. They are busy sprucing up their nest from multi years under our deck. Also on the lookout for the resident pair of robins who plop into a bluebird abandoned nest under the deck every year, which given they are twice the size of bluebirds, is mostly unsuccessful. The hummingbirds are here in droves so now three feeders are up.

Love this shot but I think Lisa was just freezing in the wind
And the Reed family made it in- our first company of the season. So great of them to drive over from Santa Fe. A short trip but tried to pack in what we could. Layla was the cutest and we enjoyed watching her bounce around Star Mt. At 4 you enjoy everything and have endless energy.

Nice we had toys and things from Penny and Jules for Layla to borrow
Yes, it's chilly as you can tell by the jackets but it warms up fast. At least been above freezing the last 2 nights. I realize that's just a tad different than a lot of the sweltering areas. I'm a happy camper to be out of Florida, I cannot lie. Gotta enjoy every minute here. Spring, summer, fall all wrapped into 4 months.



Amazing views in every directions and the wildflowers are slowly coming up. I kinda go crazy with the camera when they bloom. Expect a lot of flower photography. And I realize, as usual, I'm not in any shot nor is Mark. We were both here and present I promise. Til next time...





No comments:

Post a Comment