Friday, August 18, 2017

Company, cattle, haying, and waning summer

You'll probably be happy to know this will be a short post after the mega long previous one. Our two weeks of company is winding down with Krissy and Calvin closing up the schedule.

Lots of overlapping guests which made it lots of fun. The whole Texas Adams clan (well, now there are two Eastwoods in the mix).

Haying is going on with a vengeance. The Ohio Creek Valley is famous for their hay, a lot even goes to Kentucky for the race horses. All the signs of fall approaching.

Dinner at Garlic Mike's courtesy of Krissy and Calvin. So sweet of them. Garlic Mike's has a new river bar area which is quite cute but I don't think too many people know about it yet. We only looked after eating dinner but I'll definitely keep it in mind.

And this is the story of the steer that followed me home. Well, not quite, he followed me, mooing occasionally to make sure I stayed in sight,  until he saw other cattle in the far distance. He evidently was in a grass eating coma and was lost. It was a little strange encounter but felt friendly.
I have pulled out the suitcase again. I leave tomorrow for Maryland to help Heather get her house ready to sell. Packing some very strange items such as gardening gloves and paint stained shorts. Yes, manual labor here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment