Thursday, June 22, 2017

Seattle visit

I had a great time in Seattle visiting family. It's just a fun city and there's always something going on. For instance, the naked (Solstice) parade in Fremont. No we did not participate. In a way, it reminds me of party central Crested Butte. The same wild and free atmosphere except on a much bigger scale.

My mother's little house is quite cute. It's light and airy inside with remote control skylights with a shade attachment. And I love, love the little garden. My sister Anne and my mom have been at work transforming.

A different cruise ship sight than Miami
Took the car ferry over to Bainbridge Island. Anne, Mom and I went for lunch and a bit of shopping. Always fun.

Gorgeous sunny day to shop at a nursery there as well. Just load up the trunk and get back on the ferry. There are so many islands off Seattle and this is a way of life, including daily commuting for some.

Of course I had to join on the Zia dog walks. Anne's neighborhood to so cute and eclectic and the dog parks/nature trails amazing.

Lovely lunches out, great dinner out (missing Justine though!) and I was included in Jean's Father's Day brunch. It's a foodie town, and of course, a coffee town. Special blends and roasts everywhere you look.

Mt. Rainier 14,411'
Time zoomed by. Until next time...

1 comment: