Thursday, June 29, 2017

Bear number two, elk, and part one of Penny and Juliet's great adventure visit

Could it be anymore beautiful here. Ahhh gorgeous summer. Still more snow than normal on the peaks. That was quite the winter...

Much fun being had with Tiffany and the girls here. But first, I have to share that we had bear number 2 show up. This was in the same general vicinity as the first. This is classified as a black bear as well, even though it's cinnamon colored. Big bears both of them. And no, haven't really made any changes when I walk. I took a whistle one morning but decided I didn't need it.These bears are wild and stay away from people. It's when bears find trash combined with people that the trouble starts.

And the elk. Wow, a giant gathering with babies in tow. They won't stay around much longer now that they've had their babies. It's an annual pattern I don't quite understand but pretty spectacular wildlife viewing.

The girls are here! Tiffany and Penny and Jules are here for almost 2 weeks. A record. Lots of fun to be had. We started off with a lunch time picnic in the woods.

Next playclothes dress up and racing/dancing not sure which.

Playground number, lunch at McGills, and Third Bowl ice cream of course. The rivers are still raging but going down slowly.

Columbine - one of my all time favorites
Weather has been perfect and wildflowers in mass profusion. It goes quickly so paying attention every moment.

Monday free concert at Center for the Arts. Good band, and lots of excellent people watching. Crested Butte is surely way up there on the list of small cities with giant characters. What is not shown here was the concert aftermath of a very flat tire. Thank goodness Mark was with us, but it still took 3 extra guys to man handle the car system into releasing the spare. P.S. we now have 4 new tires.

Now what would a mountain vacation be without a teepee. I ask you. I'll be back with part two of the great adventure.


2 comments:

  1. I love that little teepee and it's so cute with the two of them playing in it. Just a beautiful shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those girls take my breath away. I just hate that I missed them this trip!

    ReplyDelete