Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Sprinkling of white stuff and elk

Weather people were wrong, naturally, so no rain as predicted, instead an inch of snow that melted immediately. At least a little moisture. I had started taking the watering can out daily to sprinkle the daylily plants and daffodil bulbs - dry around here.

more special effects - pencil drawing of Mark
Construction goes on downstairs, but no tub has shown up yet. Of course, the thing that needed to be here first apparently will be the last. Tomorrow is the scheduled shipping day and cross fingers it's not damaged like the first one.

photos courtesy of Mark's zoom camera
Breaking news - the elk have shown back up! Mark's been on the lookout every morning and sure enough 9 females were out on the next hill yesterday (April 3rd) He saw more this morning, then they moved Early we think, with all this warm weather and not much snow, but we don't really know - never been here at this time of year. It's too early for babies, that happens in June, and has been every June since we finished the house (our 4th summer!).

Reorganized our upright freezer in the garage. Lots of things I didn't remember we had, and some things I scratch my head over. Our mixed meat share from the farm has provided wonderful organic meat, but some cuts I haven't a clue what to do with. Anyone have a mutton chop or pork smoked shank recipe?

Another book finished - third in a series, Alan Bradley's Red Herring without Mustard - English mystery (yup again) with an eleven year old girl as the star -sounds weird, but entertaining. And yes, the long ongoing project of reading Atlas Shrugged is NOT done. I will admit while I find it difficult reading, it has sucked me in. I begin to understand how so many prominent business people and politicians quote from it

Last, but not least, my father has rallied enough so he can leave the nursing center and go back home next week. Everyone is very happy about this, and my mother is excited to have him back. Amazing! Let the rally continue...

2 comments:

  1. Tell Mark he must stay off the conference calls. It is interfering with our communication.
    I was almost shamed into reading Atlas Shrugged at your house at Christmas. Project...Difficult reading--not selling points. (Not sure if you ever read these comments anyway)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes I read every comment! Love the feedback. I'm not selling Mark on reading Atlas Shrugged either by the way...

    ReplyDelete