Monday, April 16, 2012

Penny, Penelope, and Penny Lou

I'm back! Great visit with the family. And, oh Penny, what do I say - she is all that is good in the world, a little angel. And of course beautiful and brilliant (Nana isn't prejudiced at all of course). Oh hey - don't you love that Penny already knows the importance of a phone.

Lovely weather, cherry blossoms falling down everywhere, eating out on Tif and Chris's deck, plus a little swing action.

One of  Penny's favorite words
Mark is now in San Antonio for a multi day meeting - we left via planes this morning just in opposite directions. Left 85degree weather and came home to blowing snow, none sticking, on every pass, and leftover snow on the deck. Just a couple of inches, but enough to wet the ground - helpful while disorienting. Walls were taped and textured while I was gone, and Keith is painting now. Next the tile man. Things are moving along well - we should have everything done in the next few weeks - more places for people to stay for those who are planning to visit! Speaking of visits, the next time we see Penny will be early July at Star Mt. Fun will be had...
Must mention that I FINALLY finished Atlas Shrugged (on the plane out as a matter of fact) Powerful, compelling, and hard to get through -take it for what it's worth....

2 comments:

  1. Oh my. I drank this in like a stalker. Simply delightful. Penny. Penny.
    Soooooo.. when is the basement going to be done? I have some sick obsession to sleep in that dark, quiet, womb-like space. Oh please, I'd like to be the first. Just bring my shrimp paesano downstairs.
    And, while you are reading literary greats, I am reading things like 50 Shades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shrimp Paesano too? Perhaps you are believing the rumours this is a bed and breakfast...

    ReplyDelete