Thursday, April 26, 2012

irobot, goats, and basement

Spring marches in, the aspen trees are starting to leaf out - of course early by about two weeks. Snow is gone except on the high peaks. Don't think there will be a big change in the river levels when the high snow melts, so much less this winter - they're already pretty low.

Say hello to our newest member of the family - I call her Scooba girl. A 13" diameter power packed cleaning whirling dervish. Yes, craziness abounds here - we have purchased a floor cleaner irobot. After a little hiccup getting the thing to start, I'm happy to say so far it's amazing, and watching it zoom around sucking up dirt, putting down cleaning solution, and then drying is pretty entertaining. The floors are a lot cleaner without the real elbow grease it takes to get them truly polished. It's a bit noisy but that's a small price to pay to have shiny floors. I'm going to use the way out of this, so we'll see if the electronics hold up.

On my way into town had to stop to take a photo of the goats and kids. This is a cashmere goat farm that we pass each way back and forth into town. There are huge amounts of goats but they're normally at the far end of the farm away from the road. I never see the kids - oh that kid is holding a kid - ha ha. The farm has no sign, and I've been curious about their story, and not too long ago found out the owner is a woman who moved here in the early 90's, sells the cashmere, and supports the local 4-H club in a big way. 50 or 60 kids every year adopt a goat to learn all the ins and outs. Unfortunately she doesn't sell the cashmere locally - boo.

More basement photos. We're almost done! So, let's see, if someone comes to stay, I might need to purchase, say, a shower curtain, more pillows (bed coming), a rod in the closet to hang some clothes, okay minor stuff...


1 comment:

  1. OMG! I don't know which I am most excited to hear. Loving those cashmere creatures, Scooba's arrival (our new conversation piece) or the finishing of "my" room. Tee hee. I just want to sleep in it a nite or two. Then, I'll be right back with the rest of your guests, loving the views from upstairs! Such fun on Star Mt. :))

    ReplyDelete