Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Holiday shopping and snow

Snow falling here - 4 inches last night, just enough to cover all in blanket white but not enough to interfere with travel. Sooo beautiful. I am making great headway with the holiday "stuff" and time draws ever closer til family comes.

UPS must be thinking I've gone crazy. Mountains of packages are arriving in our new "outhouse" drop. Not ours specifically, belongs to the whole development, but I, apparently, am hogging the whole thing.

a trick of exposure - our tree
Love the light, the season, the reflecting snow. I've been walking on my normal route through the woods, so nice, but started out sooo hard. Been away too long evidently... Not a good sign for ski readiness. Which will happen soon, I think - honestly still nervous about the whole skiing thing - this season will tell the tale. Mark bought me a fabulous new outfit with the off- season summer sales. At least I'll look good while falling on my X#&+%.


Strangeness indeed in our world - when you see a tag in a shirt that says "designed in France, made in  Mexico" what is that supposed to mean? Better, worse, I'm confused. Clever marketing at the very least. (I didn't purchase anyway) I hear lots of holiday buying everywhere is going on, but also lots of returning - already. What does that portend?
But, on the other hand, do we not love Amazon - I bow down to that monumental institution of endless variety and excellent execution. Thanks Heather for the prime!

1 comment:

  1. So love that freaky psychedelic shot of the tree! And, per chance did you write this post post happy hour? Sounds oh so randomly Gretchen. Can't wait to stay up all night with you and jump from one important world changing topic to the next. Tomorrow we begin the 10 day weather watch. Clear the radar, we are comin'!

    ReplyDelete