Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Crystallized trees, daffodil bulbs, and enjoying the wild open spaces

We made it over Ohio Pass on Sunday to go into CB for breakfast and then head up to Emerald Lake. We'd heard that finally the road had been opened up. Sadly, not to be, as the road up was a giant muddy mess, and while we were in the jeep, we watched another 4-wheel vehicle slip and slide all over coming down. For those of you who know that road up to the lake, parts of it are very narrow. No thank you...
Ohio Pass had quite a bit of snow on it - already - this is the latest we've ever been on it I think. All looks wintery yes?

I'm deep into planting the daffodil bulbs I ordered. Having had a good experience with the few I planted last fall (as in one, they came up, and two, deer didn't eat them) I'm spreading them around the house.  Taking advantage of some mild days around here - they won't last!

I'm sharing some of Mark's photos taken with his new camera (Nikon Coolpix P500) - an early birthday present. Long zoom and he's already taking some amazing shots. And no, I'm not absconding with this one (as I did with his other, which is now mine - all mine).

Two more books read. One, a classic, well written, but I didn't care for the subject matter - late 1800's English poor girl in horrible situation - sooo depressing. The Vet's Daughter by Barbara Comyns. And two, yet another new(she's not new, just new to me) murder mystery author. Really good, In the Bleak Midwinter by Julia Spencer-Fleming.me
Time marches on and hunting season is upon us. I see lots of atv's and trucks all getting ready for 1st rifle season this weekend. You can't hunt on Star Mt., but nonetheless, the deer have become quite skittish. I've seen some elk back in the woods up the hill - they must know it's protected here...

No comments:

Post a Comment