Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Miracle of birth, bear, and mountain outdoor fun

First, the biggest news of all. Our granddaughter has arrived! Penelope Louise at 7lbs11ozs. Beautiful, lots of hair (not known on our side), and mom did a fantastic job. Penny (don't you love the name) is currently healing from an infection that caused her to have a hard time breathing through her little nose. She is very healthy in all other aspects, so hopefully she will get over this very soon. Mom and Dad want to take her home!

Darling Penny Lou
Backing up a bit, there has been a bear sighting by our neighbors up the hill last week. And here we thought not a one was anywhere near. I'm back to taking my bear spray along with my camera on my morning walk in the woods. Yes, I'm being careful...

Mexican Hat - some of the summer's last wildflowers
Friends Gail and Steve took me to one of the free outdoor concerts that happen in CB most weeks during the summer. The schedule is almost done and I'm so glad I got to see what it was all about. All American family fun - everybody brings picnics, spread out on the grass, and all the children from toddlers to teenagers play and dance.

This was my greeter when I went to pick up eggs from the farm. Another world over there...

Finished another book too. Great one - Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel. Written a few years, won mountains of prizes - a historical novel on Thomas Cromwell. Thumbs up on this one.





No comments:

Post a Comment