Thursday, August 11, 2011

Deer, hummingbirds, and precious summer days



A day in the life - coyotes howling in the night, along with hoo hoo from the owls. Deer show up at dawn surrounding the house eating a buffet of clover and wildflowers. I wait to walk until I can sneak out without disturbing them, and tiptoe out of the shower and to be quiet at the bathroom sink. There are usually multi deer at that window. Sorry furry friends, sometimes I just have to use the hair blower.

Flap and twins


Clearly it's time to exert some patience: a package delivery is two days late, the waiting area to obtain a new driver's license mobbed with 16 year olds and their parents (did a fast turnaround - back when school's in session I think) , and a person who'd made a appt to meet me at the house was 3 hours late. Ah well, there are much worse things...
traffic jam
The hummingbirds continue to be crazed, and needing their sugar fix all day long. Sugar is flying out of this house. The craziest of them all - the orange Rufus - are apparently starting to leave for the long trek back to Mexico. Last to arrive and first to go - no explanation.

Mark's back tomorrow for the weekend. Hurray! And more company on the way next week. My youngest brother with his wife and son. It's been too long since we've seen them. Fun to come.
Baby watch on active alert - 8 days til due date. We'll see when she decides to grace us all with her precious presence.

1 comment:

  1. So...Flap came with the Twins? I though Flap only showed up alone?
    Anxiously awaiting my Grand Niece!

    ReplyDelete