Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Baby Penny, more fun company, and wonderful late summer days

Fabulous news - baby Penny is finally home. Many days, endless delays, and all of it laced with worry. She's doing wonderfully well - we are all so grateful.

Mark and I took the Rock (the jeep) on Ohio Pass down side roads we've never taken the opportunity to explore. Pretty views and found a  fairly new looking house built way back - clearly off the grid with an outhouse. Wow, people go to great lengths to get away around here.

So, the report on my gardening. Pitiful at best. Flap and her twins came back to finish up eating the tomato plants, also potato plants, and my poppies are eaten to the ground. I think there's a message for me.

my potatoes - they're teeny tiny
Our cows are still around for another month, but the round up for other ranchers has started. Lots of work, rounding up, bringing them down and loading up trucks.



We have some friends, Scott and Judy, arriving any minute to stay a couple of days. Still the fun of company continues!





No comments:

Post a Comment